CRM systems have come a long way since first bursting onto the scene back in the 90s. Modern day businesses relying heavily on CRM systems to manage their business relationships, get deeper consumer insights and closely monitor customer interactions.
Business automation is ever evolving and technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning are invading fast into CRM landscape.
Chatbots partnering with CRMs
The rise of AI-powered chatbots has given great elevation to industrial automation and from the looks of things, it seems like that chatbot technology will be making serious strides in terms of uniting with CRMs. For instance,
Customer support is one of the most strained departments in a company where executives continuously provide assistance to customers via live chat, phone calls and emails. A growing customer base requires a large pool of assistants to balance the offset.
The cost-intensive design of a support system is gradually being replaced by a cheaper and a quick response mechanism supported by chatbots.
Chatbots are capable of handling various use cases in customer support.
- Ticket creation
- Lead gen entry
- Service request tracking
- Status updates types
How are chatbots helping customer support?
- Chatbots are artificially intelligent and can be programmed to answer a wide range of customer queries.
- Chatbots are omnipresent. Be it Email, SMS or Messenger Apps.
- While chatbots are capable of providing quick responses to simple queries, they can also form an alliance with humans sitting on CRM systems in order to engage with the customer on a more personal level.
- Chatbots are designed to handle a huge volume of multiple customer queries at the same time without losing the context of the conversation.
- Chatbots never sleep. Businesses can now afford a 24/7 customer support availability without increasing the size of their staff.
Popular CRMs adopting chatbots
Salesforce has a machine learning platform called Einstein. It allows developers and admins to build custom bots using the same point-and-click interface. It has natural language processing ability which allows chatbots to communicate with the customers. Einstein Bots can use data from the previous client interactions as well as CRM data to compile their answers. But, they can also reach out to a human agent if needed.
Einstein bots can help customers track their orders, reset passwords and so forth.
Zendesk has the compatibility with the chatbots and businesses based on Zendesk relying on chatbots to be at the frontier of their customer support service in order fast track customer queries and provide an early solution of their problem.
It’s pretty evident that businesses are a looking to improvise more in order to provide a personalized experience to their customers. Customers don’t want to be stranded in a chat queue but it’s also not possible for a human agent to answer hundreds of queries at a time. Chatbots are proving to be the way ahead for businesses at the moment and since AI and machine learning are expected to grow to a next level, chatbots will only get better in future.